Chasing the Dream

Wednesday 10 January 2007

Submission and joining a writing group

I made another submission today, an erotic short story; The Beach. I still haven't heard back about the other one but I may as well write and submit rather then leave them sitting moldering. I will be glad of any feedback I eventually get from them. To see if I am on the right track.
I have joined an online writing group and hope to also check out some other writing groups that may be close to me so I can go to meetings. I am also hoping that find a real life group will find me a critiquing partner. Someone I can have discussions with and be able to question them.

I haven't gotten back to the novels which may have disturbed me aside from the fact I am still writing the short stories. The novels need dedicated time and at present the girls are not supplying me with dedicated time. In fact I am lucky to be sitting here typing now. The TV can be a godsend sometimes.

As I write in forums and blogs I have noticed that my style has changed a little as if I were practicing how to write things correctly, previously I would always hit the submit button and then have to edit. Now I find that I am checking everything, a much better habit to get into. I am tightening my writing and watching my grammar. I am not perfect by any means but I think it is improving.

My spelling has also moved back to an acceptable standard, I would get frustrated with myself as I would type in chat rooms and hit enter only to see that what I had written made no sense due to the spelling errors. Now my typing has slowed and I am actually checking as I go. Much much better.

On with the quest to find a writing group.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home