Chasing the Dream

Friday 2 February 2007

Best laid Plans

of mice and men often go awry.
So here I was today, ready to clean house and settle down to some serious writing.

{{{RING}}}

Hello?

HI Bronwen This is John I was wondering whether you can work today?

Uh sure John what time do you want me to start? (me thinking later on in the day)

Now.

Oh shoot give me some time to find a baby sitter, I'll be there as soon as I can (why did I say yes?)

That'll be good.

So here I am racing to find a sitter, get ready for work and do a few minutes of house work so it isn't a total disaster.

That said, I did manage to get writing done today. I am 2000 words short on the 8000 word target I set myself this week but it will need to be reevaluated because as of next week I am working more regularly. Shoot there goes that lovely timetable I did up.

Just throw it in the bin as I have no idea how I will manage it.

If Kyle goes to work early I may be able to slip some time in, I may also be able to slip time in after return from work and the girls get home and maybe I can push things around in the evening and steal a little more time. I would like 2 hours to write in 2 hours I seem to be able to punch out 2000 words. Maybe not brilliantly but as a first draft it will do.
I can edit and polish it later.
I do have to admit I love being able to add scenes when I realise I have missed something. I just go to where I need it and add it in.
These are important parts to the story not little things but stuff that has to be included otherwise the story won't make any sense.

SO the word count is over 9000 now not too bad not too bad at all

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
9,408 / 70,000
(13.4%)

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home