Chasing the Dream

Saturday 13 October 2007

Lesson 4 - Goal Setting

1. Decide what you really want
2. Write your goals out on paper
3. Determine the price you have to pay
4. Make a plan
5. Take action immediately
6. Do something every day that takes you to your goal
7. Resolve in advance that you will never quit.

Well I wrote my goals out in the previous post but now I am going to refine it.

In 2008, I will write a Blaze. I will participate on a few forums, including eHarlequin and submit it to an editor who seems to be requesting manuscripts.
I will purchase my domain name and build my website. My website will be updated once a month. I will set aside at least 1 hour a day to write my MS.

So the price I wil have to pay.
I am going to have to lose pc and tv time. No getting around it. i watch way too much of it (at present it is on in the room) I can't take time from the girls so I need to lose it else wheres and tv and pc time is it. I will look at programmes i can't bear to miss (Supernatural, House) and tpe them. I am thinking that I will be able to enjoy these programmes while I exercise on my treadmill.
I would be more likley to keep going if i have something to look forward to. I will have weekends off. I need to be able to have time with family.
PC will be harder to give up considering I am trying to promote my book for this month and do research. But i can limit checking my emails and blogs t twice a day. i rarely have anything urgent so I am sure waiting several hours won't be too terrible.

1) Write every morning I need to finish the frst draft 31/1
2) submit query to harlequin Blaze
3) revise manuscript
4) if requested submit poposal
5) if requested submit ms
6) if requested do revisions

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

You go girl! I have a few similar goals and I'm going to try very hard to make t2008 the year I finally get published!

15 October 2007 at 7:02:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home