Chasing the Dream

Monday 5 February 2007

Annoyance

I am a little disappointed. I contacted my local writing groups and although they sound like lovely people I don't think they are what I am after.
The words hobbyist kept cropping up with distressing frequency, as did the comment we doubt we will get published or something along those lines.
Not what I want to hear. I want support and critiquing and the rest of it.
So hopefully my membership to the RWA will come through soon.
I am a serious writer. I will be published. I do not want to deviate from the path at all and I do not need to be with people that don't have the same mind set.

--------------------oOo--------------------

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

I'm finding the same problem here where I am. I live on a tiny island in the Puget Sound so my options are quite limited and the one writing group that I joined isn't quite what I'm after but it's all I've got to choose from here. I'd like to join RWA but money is an issue so maybe after my first book sells I'll spring for a membership and find a local group nearby.

Good luck in your search.

14 February 2007 at 2:46:00 pm AEST  
Blogger Keziah Hill said...

Hey Bronwen! Has your RWA membership come through? Don't forget to join the elist when it does. It'll be great to see you!

19 February 2007 at 5:32:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home