Chasing the Dream

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Revising

Revising is painful. Truly gut wrenching as whole sections get replaced. My word count has gone up which makes me happy but the detail I missed the first time round annoys me. Why didn't I do the descriptions properly?
An answer that is really easy, in my mind I see everything, I dream it I am aware of it and as I write I forget my reader isn't in my head and the descriptions are needed.
So I am going back and glaring at it.

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

Don't beat yourself up about it, that's what first drafts are fore. The most important part of a first draft is to get the basis of the story down, then go back and add the details and insert things that were missed the first time around.

20 February 2007 at 9:33:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home