Chasing the Dream

Tuesday 27 February 2007

To pen name or no to pen name

I really am wrestling with this.
What do I call myself? Do I get a choice?
Is it worth the effort, will it just be a cover or DEEP cover?
The thing is I write in 2 totally different areas and I don't want to have them mixed up. I mean Bronwen romance writer is different from Bronwen children's author.
I don't want to be written off as a children's author because I write romance novels .... I know it shouldn't happen but it does people don't seem to believe you can mix the two.
And if I do take on the pen name should I just have it as a cover or should I really try and seperate the two?

Hmmm questions questions I am going to have to find out what others do and decide from there.

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

Bronwen, Judy Blume was a children's author as well as an adult, almost erotic, fiction author and was respected in both areas. I think it's a personal choice. Maybe use your real name for one area and a variation of your last name for the other if using your real name for both is something that really bothers you.

27 February 2007 at 10:16:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home