Chasing the Dream

Friday 19 October 2007

Goal Setting - Lesson 6

Time Managaement

This is where I find I fall down. My time management skills are very poor.
I try and set things and then find myself not following them which either means it isn't working for me or I just am not motivated.

I prefer to write at night.

I also like to watch TV and often night is the only time I get to spend with my partner. So I watch TV with my partner.
So what will I do?
K is an early sleeper. A late night for him is 9.30pm. So I should look at writing between 9.30 and 11.30pm. The video recorder is going to have to start getting a work out. Even better I may buy the series I wish to watch and do it that way (think I touched on this in an earlier post).

No adverts can be stopped when I want and I have them permanently.

I also have other commitments to keep. BUT the good thing with these are I can do them while watching TV. Strange I know but these other endeavours are important to me too. Each one balances out to keep me sane.

Through the day I tend to do research as I am able to keep an eye on my rugrats as well as the housework. I am unable to let it slide. I hate chaos I really do and so housework is a priority. K is happy, the girls are happy and I am happy. I have trained myself to complete tasks that need doing and so I know I can learn I just need to do the same with my writing.

The sneaky bits of time I have yet to utilise but to be honest I don't do a whole heap of waiting except when I pick up Miss C and then I generally use this time to get some adult chat. I also watch how people interact.

I am discovering the best times for me. As time goes on this may change but right now an hour or two a day is great!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

I write best at night too. I'm not sure why. I would think that I'd get more done when the kids are all in school and the house is quiet, but no, I spend that time puttering and getting caught up on the laundry, making phone calls, running errands and such. At night, when I'm tired and the house is noisy with kids is when my muse pops up and demands that I get busy and write. Go figure.

30 October 2007 at 2:17:00 am AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home