Chasing the Dream

Tuesday 31 July 2007

Naughty girl

Who would like to smack me first?
I didn't write yesterday. working and the running after children with a really sore throat drained me and I just couldn't be bothered.
This morning though was a different matter. i sat for just over an hour and managed almost 2000 words. Not bad. Not bad.The idea is to keep writing and get it out of my head and then sort it all out.
I am impressed though. story is already longer then my first novella without any editing. When the edits are done is when the story increases in length for me. I tend to write sparingly a fault of mine with essays. Why say the same thing 10 different ways?
But with story telling I forget people are not in on the inside and so i leave things out.

Here's to another 5000 words by the end of the week!

--------------------oOo--------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Marie Peck said...

Good job writing today! That's awesome. Sadly the same can't be said for me. No such luck in the creativity department. It's hard when you have 6 kids running about.

1 August 2007 at 7:21:00 am AEST  
Blogger jajinka said...

Hi...
sometimes it´s not important to write - just think about the marwellous world you have created and let your ideas to fly...than you´ll be able to write the most unbelievable story on the world and it´ll be true story.
Believe me - I now what am I talking about-I´m only 17 - so I´m a child :) and it means that I can´t lye :)
good luck with your story
jajinka
PS: I hope you can understand because sometimes it´s difficult - even for me :)

5 August 2007 at 10:32:00 pm AEST  
Blogger Bronwen said...

Age isn't important and sometimes the older you are the harder it is to write as you can lose your way. you are righ jajinka the dreaming is just as important.

5 August 2007 at 11:07:00 pm AEST  

Post a Comment

<< Home